Looking after our oral care is important for not only clean teeth, fresh breath, a confident smile and healthy gums, but also needs to be considered as important for our overall health. Our mouths are the first contact point for digestion and respiration and some of the bacteria present in our food and air can lead to disease.
A healthy immune system and good oral health care, such as daily brushing twice a day (for at least 2 minutes) and flossing, keep bacteria under control. However, without proper oral hygiene, bacteria can reach levels that might lead to oral infections including tooth decay and gum disease.
Other conditions that can be linked to oral health?
Your oral health might contribute to various diseases and conditions, including:
- Endocarditis. Impacting the inner lining of your heart chambers or valves (endocardium) can occur when bacteria or other germs from other parts of your body, such as your mouth, spread through your bloodstream and attach to certain areas in your heart.
- Cardiovascular disease. Some research suggests that heart disease, clogged arteries and stroke might be linked to the inflammation and infections that oral bacteria can cause.
- Pneumonia and other respiratory diseases.
How can I protect my oral health?
To protect your oral health, practice good oral hygiene daily.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day for two minutes each time. 30 seconds for each quadrant of your mouth is best. Use a soft-bristled brush and a quality toothpaste.
- Floss daily with either traditional floss or a water flosser..
- Use mouthwash to remove food particles left after brushing and flossing.
- Eat a healthy diet and limit sugar intake.
- Replace your toothbrush or brush head at least every 6 weeks, or sooner if bristles are splayed or worn.
- Maintain regular dental and hygienist appointments.
Choosing a High Quality Bonny Sonic eBrush will help solve all of your daily oral hygiene needs. In summary:
- The Bonny Electric Sonic toothbrush has a two minute timer, which pauses every 30 seconds to ensure a 2 minute clean, and an even clean for the 4 quadrants of your mouth.
- The Bonny Electric Sonic toothbrush has 5 modes, which turns the cleaning up or down depending on your needs i.e. if you suffer from gum disease there is a sensitive mode, which is very gently, but if you want to remove stains there is a whitening mode, which vibrates at up to 40,000 brush strokes per minute.
- The Bonny Electric Sonic toothbrush comes with high quality soft bristles as recommended by dentists.
- The Bonny Electric Sonic toothbrush is waterproof so it can be used in the shower.
- The Bonny Electric Sonic toothbrush has excellent battery life only needing to be charged every 30 days.